National Monument Camp Amersfoort
Between 1941-1945 Camp Amersfoort was a collection point for more than 35,000 prisoners of the ‘Sicherheitsdienst.’ The former campsite contains a documentation center that provides information about the significance, past and present, of the history of camp Amersfoort. Many of the memorials have the status of monuments and can be found in the vicinity of the current place of remembrance. The monument ‘Prisoner before the Firing Squad”, also called “The Man of Stone”, was erected at the end of the shooting range in 1953. The archives of the Foundation National Monument Camp Amersfoort are administered by Archive Eemland.